2021 Summer Camp: Introduction to Math Contests
July 10 - September 3 (8 weeks)
Weekly Topics and Dates
- Jul 10 – Jul 16: Equations & Inequalities
- Jul 17 – Jul 23: Sequences & Series
- Jul 24 – Jul 30: Exponents & Logarithms
- Jul 31 – Aug 6: Angles
- Aug 7 – Aug 13: Length & Area
- Aug 14 – Aug 20: Counting
- Aug 21 – Aug 27: Primes
- Aug 28 – Sep 3: Bases & Digits
Included in the Package
- 2 lessons per week on Wed and Thu at 6:15 PM EST, for a total of 16 lessons
- Each lesson consists of 40 minutes of live instruction where the instructor will use Zoom Pro and an interactive pen tablet
- 2 weekly creative essay-style homework problems with personalized feedback
- Help availabe by email contact
Instructor: Samer Seraj
About the Instructor
- A decade of educational experience, in particular with respect to math contests
- Canadian Mathematical Olympiad qualifier
- University of Toronto graduate in math
- Crux Mathematicorum journal editor
- University of Waterloo CEMC Problem of the Month committee member
- USRA and UTEA research grant winner
Students should be in high school in fall 2021. Very advanced middle school students will be given consideration. Knowledge of the following topics will be helpful:
- Solving systems of equations using substitution and elimination
- Exponent rules
- Basic geometric ideas like finding angles
- Divisibility rules or tricks
Lessons will be delivered in live online sessions via Zoom. Students will need to provide the following for themselves:
- A stable internet connection
- A computer
- Headphones or speakers
- A microphone (many computers have one in-built)
- A free Zoom account
Please apply using the form below and we will respond by email with information about the payment method.
- The cost before or on the early bird deadline, June 27, is 320 CAD which is 40 CAD per week. Afterwards, the cost is 397 CAD. The final deadline for the application is July 9.
- Due to the proximity of the sign-up date to the camp’s start date, refunds will not be processed.
- For students who are new to Existsforall Academy, a free 1-on-1 coaching call is available upon request so that you may exclusively experience our teaching.
Thank you for your interest!